Inspired by 31 years of service in 19 countries across the Muslim Aid Family; Muslim Aid USA was founded by a collective of established American non-profit professionals who have envisioned a charity that would promote diversity, equity, inclusion, and transparency at every level of its operation. In that spirit, Muslim Aid USA provides donors from any background or giving capacity the opportunity to help people in need directly with their donations.
Muslim Aid USA seeks an experienced, talented individual to join our team. We seek a detail-oriented, energetic individual with a commitment to our mission of serving humanity. This coordinator position will assist in all aspects of the association’s work, and the ideal candidate will be a proactive, donor-focused, team player with strong communication and organizational skills.
- Type: Part-time
- Start Date: Immediately
- Pay: $15/hr (USD)
- Hours: starting at 10-15 hrs/wk (with opportunities for increase)
- What are the job responsibilities?
- Orphan Sponsorship Responsibilities
- Manage and maintain the donor database.
- Assists in producing regular reports for donors’ communication and executives.
- Responsible for orphan assignments and report distribution
- Responsible for the dues renewal process, new sponsorship follow-up, and outreach to past-due sponsorships.
- Data entry as needed.
- Donor Success Responsibilities
- Interact with donors in a friendly manner and ensure donors receive quality customer service
- Respond to and compose correspondence to prospects, donors, and volunteers as the need
- Process donation via phone
- Process mail donation and correspondence
- Data entry of incoming donations
- Assists with other tasks as needed in addition to the duties listed on this job description.
- Prepare and modify documents and presentations ensuring that team members have the information and collateral needed for donor and prospect meetings and presentations
- Responsible for monitoring new gifts and documentation
- Perform and document donor and prospect research as needed
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree- preferred
- 1-2 years association/nonprofit experience preferred
- Excellent customer service skills and attitude.
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks and see them to completion.
- Excellent writing skills including proofreading and editing documents.
- Must possess dynamic interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently but function as part of a small, strong team, maintaining a positive and constructive attitude.
- Proficient using the latest versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, email and web searches, and database management systems. Willingness and aptitude to become proficient in report, query, and dashboard creation.
- Monday to Friday – ( 3 days a week)
- Due to COVID, currently teleworking. Typically, an in-office position
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize a complicated workload
To apply for this position email at firstname.lastname@example.org