Rainbow Family – Child Sponsorship
1. How long does the sponsorship last?
The Rainbow Family Child Sponsorship Program makes a long term commitment to children worldwide and sponsorship can continue up to the age of 18 or up to the completion of a first university degree. If you cannot continue let us know in advance and we will make arrangements to transfer your child to a new donor.
2. Can I contact my sponsored child?
You can communicate with your sponsored child through letters and emails. Muslim Aid will also forward gifts* to your sponsored child. You may be able to visit your sponsored child if prior notice is given. For further information please contact Rainbow Family on 866 606 2872 or email:
*Gifts facility may not be available in all countries due to security situation. Postage charges will be borne by the sponsor.
3. When will I hear from Muslim Aid about my sponsored child?
The Rainbow Family team will allocate a child to you within 2-4 weeks of receiving payment. You will be sent an introduction letter which will include a photo and brief details of the child along with details on how you can start communicating with your sponsored child.
4. Can I choose the child I want to sponsor?
We allow donors to choose the country of their sponsored child and they can specify an age range and gender. We do not allow donors to choose from pictures and would encourage donors to choose an allocation of ‘Need is Greatest’. This allows us to allocate the most neediest children first.
5. Can I sponsor an orphan child?
The Rainbow Family program supports orphans and needy children. You can specify that you want to support an orphan child at the time of making the donation. Please note that an orphan is a child who has either lost their father or lost both parents. Needy children are those with parents but living in extreme poverty.
6. What will the sponsored child receive with my money?
First priority is ensuring that the child is receiving an education. Depending on their needs, with the remaining funds children and their families will receive some of the following:
- Educational Support: school fees, books, uniform, stationary, transportation costs.
- Healthcare: medical check-ups, treatment
- Mentoring from staff: Recreational trips
- Social & emotional development: Psychological support for those living in war torn countries
- Seasonal gifts
7. As a donor what will I receive?
- Introduction letter with details on the child you are supporting with a photo
- Annual Updates which can include the following:
- – School report, Letters/Drawings and Photos
- – Opportunity to build a relationship with child and the family that you support
- – Opportunity to send letters and small gifts
8. If I cannot commit to full sponsorship, how else can I be part of the Rainbow Family?
A minimum commitment of $25 per month provides support for a child and their family. There is a ‘community fund’ to which you can donate any amount which funds projects that support Rainbow Family children and their communities.
9. How much of my money will go to the child I sponsor?
For every pound donated 85p will go directly towards supporting the child, 15p will cover the cost of delivering the program without which staff and mentors would be unable to visit the child at home and school, monitor their educational progress and collect reports for donors.
10. I have more questions – who can I speak to?
Our team in the Rainbow Family Program department will be happy to answer any questions you may have about the sponsorship program or our work. You can call on 866 606 2872 or email us.