What Makes the Rainbow Family Programme Unique?
At Muslim Aid we strongly believe children are our future. Educating children and providing them with good healthcare helps reduce poverty and conquer diseases, providing future generations with the tools of self-reliance and empowerment.
Our Rainbow Family Child Sponsorship Programme helps children to realise their aspirations providing them with individually tailored support.
We take a holistic approach ensuring a child’s welfare doesn’t stop at education but we also provide them with healthcare, food and clothing.
Our unique programme delivers:
- Priority on children receiving an education to work their way out of poverty, aiming to produce leaders in communities.
- One to one child sponsorship programme, money goes directly to the sponsored child and their family.
- Community fund to cover donor drop outs so that children receive continuous support without disruption. Community based projects also supported through this fund.
- Long term support and commitment of a child throughout their education.
- More than handing over money and walking away – looking after a child’s welfare from education, healthcare, food, clothing and emotional welfare.
- Care and support tailored to each child’s need in different countries.
- Mentoring provided to children to help deal with their emotional issues and development. Mentors are either Rainbow Family dedicated staff or professional volunteers.
- Psychological support to those living in war torn countries – e.g. in Gaza, Palestine special sessions held for trauma counselling.
- Partnerships established with local services to enable access for families – e.g. partnerships with healthcare services that children now have access to, treatment fees covered by sponsorship amounts.
- Children’s centres established where they become a hub for the Rainbow Family children e.g. in Palestine, Pakistan and Sierra Leone.
- Children engaged in extra curricular activities to help them develop themselves educationally and personally outside of school.
From as little $30 a month your sponsorship can make a child’s dream come true